What to Watch
In celebration of International Women's Day 2021, here are a handful of films about some inspiring women in dance.
1. Sharon Eyal - A Basic Instinct
Sadler's Wells Associate Artist Sharon Eyal allows the cameras in to her rehearsal, revealing her processes.
2. Antoinette Gomis - Pro:File
This film by Breakin' Convention profiles the French voguer as she prepares to perform her dedication to Nina Simone.
3. English National Ballet - Natascha Mair: our new Principal dancer
ENB present this newest ballet dancer to the world, who talks about her excitement and joining the company and her admiration for their artistic director Tamara Rocco.
4. Michelle Dorrance - Flying Over Sunset
American tap superstar Michelle Dorrance is perhaps less well known in the UK. Here, she gives a glimpse behind the scenes in the making of Broadway musical, Flying Over Sunset.
5. Femme Fatal - Female, Fierce, Yet Feminine Pro:File
This film, also by Breakin' Convention, focuses on three women from different backgrounds who are joined together by their love of dance.